Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Baby Little #2 - 12 Weeks!


*Note:  I am actually 14 weeks along, but I'm playing catch-up :)


How far along?  12 weeks

Gender:  Don't know yet! We'll find out February 22nd!

Name:  We have a few boy names and a few girl names, so once we find out what it is, it may be difficult to decide!

What is baby up to?  Baby is just over two inches long - about the size of a lime - and weighs about a half an ounce.  According to BabyCenter, the most dramatic development this week:  reflexes.  Baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his/her toes will curl, his/her eye muscles will clench, and his/her mouth will make sucking movements.  Also, if you push on your belly, baby will squirm in response, although you can't feel it yet.

Total weight gain:  4 lbs.  Yikes.  If this keeps up . . . well, let's not go there.

Maternity clothes:  Not TOTALLY necessary yet, but oh-so-nice.  I have put a couple of maternity shirts into rotation, and I feel that pants aren't far behind.  

Stretch marks:  Nope, and let's hope these lovely things keep their distance.

Sleep:  Good!  No problems yet.

Best moment this week:  Starting to see more of a pregnant belly.  It really popped out a lot sooner this time!

Miss anything?  Diet coke and cold deli sandwiches

Food cravings:  I had A LOT of food cravings during the first 8 weeks  - sushi, greek salads, green olives.  Basically anything that was really salty was really good.  I haven't had many food cravings lately, although I did almost cause an accident the other day trying to pull into a Jersey Mike's Subs.  When the craving strikes, you just gotta go with it!  Even if you are in the far left lane and need to turn right . . .

Anything make you queasy or sick?  Not eating.  I basically have to snack all throughout the day.  Tough life, I know.

Exercise:  . . . hmmm . . . Not sure why I included this section.

Labor signs:  None

Symptoms:  I've had horrible morning sickness this time, and I didn't really have that at all with Jack.  So far, I have actually gotten sick three times, twice in the morning and once at night.  Other than that, I've been a little tired, but nothing too bad.  Gotta keep up with Jack-man!       

Most looking forward to:  Finding out the gender!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment