Thursday, September 1, 2011

Half Marathon Training: Day 1

Well, as I said before we all have to start somewhere.  And this morning I started the day off with a VERY slow and difficult run of three miles.  In a recent post, I said that I was going to be recording my workouts on here to keep myself accountable.  Well, you haven't seen any workouts on here recently, because I haven't been working out!  Funny how that happens. 

But today I have started anew!  I am starting September with a new mindset and a new goal.

Every article I have read about staying motivated when it comes to running, talks about setting a goal.  Whether it's to run three days a week or complete your first triathlon, start with a goal.  One suggestion I so naively followed was to go ahead and sign up for the race.  Sign up for the race you want to run and then you'll be more motivated to run and train, because you will have already paid your money. 

So, a couple of weeks ago I got really ambitious and signed up for a half marathon.  On November 12, I will be participating in the McDonald's Half Marathon in Richmond, Virginia.  The irony in this kills me.  That my very first half marathon is named for a fast food restaurant.  So appropriate! 

Well, I know one thing's for sure.  Fast food will have to take a backseat to some healthier options for the time being.  However, my feelings wouldn't be hurt if instead of medals, they rewarded us with Bic Macs.  I'm just saying I think that would put a little pep in my step.
  
katielittle

2 comments:

  1. Oh Katie, wish I could be there to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Mummi! I'll get Jonathan to take pictures as proof ;)

    ReplyDelete