Friday, March 7, 2014

Baby Little #2 - 17 Weeks!



How far along?  17 weeks

Gender:  It's a BOY!!! 

Name:  We have a very short list of names, mostly consisting of family names.  I would like to do a little more research though into names on both sides of our families before we pick one.

What is baby up to?  He is about 5 inches long - about the size of an turnip - and weighs about 5 ounces.  Baby Brother's (his name until we pick one) skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the placenta is stronger and thicker!  He can move his joints, and his sweat glands are starting to develop.  

Total weight gain:  Last I checked at the gym it was 6 lbs. . . 

Maternity clothes:  I have uncovered a couple pair of regular pants that are low enough that they don't squoosh the belly, but my maternity jeans are most definitely my go-to pants these days.  Still rocking both regular and maternity shirts, although some of my regular shirts are getting to be a little short.  Last I checked, mid-drifts aren't too cute on pregnant ladies, or on anyone for that matter.

Stretch marks:  Still no sign of any, thank goodness!

Sleep:  Still sleeping pretty well!  Although sometimes I'll wake up in the night and not be able to fall back asleep, which never used to happen.

Best moment this week:  I've had so much fun thinking about my two little men growing up together and all the fun they'll have, matching outfits (when they're little - eek!), baseball games, etc.  All the things that will make having two little boys so much fun and such an adventure :)  

Miss anything?  Not missing too much this week!

Food cravings:  I had a delicious turkey sandwich yesterday in Vail Village with lettuce, tomato, cheese, sprouts, and avocado on it that fulfilled my deli sandwich craving for the week. I asked the girl to toast the bread and heat up the meat, and man, it. was. good.

Anything make you queasy or sick?  Feeling hungry

Exercise:  I went to the gym twice last week!  

Labor signs:  None

Symptoms:  Just feeling tired most days, chasing after Jack-man :)  And also feeling hungry.  Very hungry.  They said Baby Brother would be having a growth-spurt soon, and I believe he most definitely is!  

Most looking forward to:  Getting Jack's big boy room ready, the nursery ready for another little boy, and getting a few matching outfits for the boys.  I think matching siblings are so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment