Thursday, March 13, 2014

Baby Little - 18 Weeks!



(By the way, I'm still waiting to look like a pregnant supermodel in one of these pictures . . . I believe I'll be waiting a while :)  These pictures aren't flattering, but I'll be glad I documented the experience, I guess?)


How far along?  18 weeks

Gender:  It's a BOY!!! 

Name:  Yikes!  We still don't have a name other than "Baby Brother" or "New Baby"!  I'm starting to panic a little, not because we don't have time to pick out a name, but because I feel like we may never agree on one!

What is baby up to?  He is about 5 1/2 inches long - about the size of a bell pepper - and weighs about 7 ounces.  He is busy flexing his arms and legs, which I can feel very faintly every now and then - so exciting!  His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position.  A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born.

Total weight gain:  I went to the doctor on Monday, and I believe the scale still showed a 6 lb. weight gain.

Maternity clothes:  I can still wear a couple pair of pants that aren't maternity (they are low enough that they don't smoosh the belly), but mostly it's maternity jeans and maternity tops with a few non-maternity tops mixed in.

Stretch marks:  Nope!

Sleep:  I've been sleeping very well lately, so hopefully this keeps up for a while!

Best moment this week:  Still love thinking about my boys together!
From last weeks post:  I've had so much fun thinking about my two little men growing up together and all the fun they'll have, matching outfits (when they're little - eek!), baseball games, etc.  All the things that will make having two little boys so much fun and such an adventure :)  

Miss anything?  Not really!

Food cravings:  Nothing fun to report here!

Anything make you queasy or sick?  Feeling hungry

Exercise:  I haven't done too well on the exercise this week :(  I'm going to try a new tactic:  get up and go before Jack wakes up.  We'll see if this actually happens.  I have great intentions at night and then morning comes, and I think, "what was I thinking?!?"  So, we'll see.  I'll report back :)

Labor signs:  None

Symptoms:  Feeling queasy when hungry and tired and out of breath sometimes - ok, a lot.

Most looking forward to:  Getting Jack's big boy room ready and the nursery ready for Baby Brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment