Friday, February 8, 2013

Four Years

* I started writing this yesterday, so please humor me on the date . . . the hubs had to use his computer 

Four years ago today was a Saturday.

It was February 7, 2009.

I was working at Enterprise and living at the Cameron at the Summit apartments with one of my very best friends, Lauren.

Jonathan and I had been dating for almost ten months.

Little did I know that that day, Saturday, February 7, 2009, was going to turn out to be one of the best days in our story as a couple. 

. . . . .

I had worked a half day that morning and was waiting on Jonathan to come and pick me up from my apartment.  His entire family had come into town that weekend for one of our church singings.  I had talked to him briefly that morning about the plans for that day.  He had said that before meeting up with everyone he wanted to take a walk.

This didn't strike me as being too odd, because, frankly, I knew that it would take a while to get ten people all going in the same direction!  So I thought, yeah, we probably do have time to take a little walk - it was surprisingly warm and sunny that day.  He told me not to wear work-out clothes , just to put on a normal outfit.  Ding ding!!!  Nope, still hadn't registered.

He picked me up, and we drove over to the Jemison Trail in Mountain Brook.  We had taken walks on that trail before, so the location was not too out of the ordinary either.  Not too far down the trail we came to a bench.  On the bench was a vase full of my favorite flowers.  I looked over at Jonathan as he was getting down on one knee to propose.

He did a wonderful job of surprising me and keeping everything a secret.  It was perfect :)

( Josh and Bonnie very kindly hid amongst the trees and captured these wonderful candid photos for us)

















We wrapped up the day with a surprise limo ride with my entire family to Hot and Hot Fish Club, where we met up with Jonathan's family.  

The day couldn't have been any better!  

Now, here we are four years later - happy, still in love, with a growing family.

Life couldn't get any better.

I am so blessed.  
     

1 comment:

  1. I worked with Jonathan at Compass. I remember him planning all this out. He is a master at doing things like this. Jonathan was super excited and anxious that day! Tell Jon that Marty said hello. Congratulations on the baby and having such a great marriage. Trust me...if you can imagine....it gets even better :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete