Monday, April 30, 2012

Little Baby Little - Week 14


We have made it to week 14!  It's been three, almost four, weeks since we shared the news with our family and friends.  I have been meaning to update with pictures every week as we go along, but until recently, there hasn't been much to show.  There still isn't a whole lot to show, but I am definitely feeling more pregnant now.  Things are starting to fit a little tighter, and I'm thinking that soon I'll need to invest in some maternity clothes, just so the belly can stretch out a bit :)  Here, I am sporting my new favorite dress from our friends Pati and Dale.  A lovely, very comfortable, piece that I'm sure will get A LOT of wear between now and October.  They were so sweet and sent it to me for my birthday, and let me just say that it couldn't have come at a better time!


Throughout the pregnancy my appetite has stayed consistently strong, and if you know me at all, this should come as no surprise.  I have been feeling less and less icky in the mornings.  My 9 to 10am queasy feeling has subsided and has been replaced with extreme hunger.  I can feel that I have more energy as of late, which has really come in handy with all the packing I've been doing.  Our most recent exciting news is that we had an ultrasound!  We had a nuchal ultrasound done at 12 weeks.  The doctor said that I was measuring at 12 weeks, 5 days, which I believe pushed my "due date" back one more day...who can keep track.  It's changed a couple of times, not by much, but I'm still going by October 26th, because it's in the middle.  Jonathan is telling people the 27th.  "Late October" has often been my response too, because as we all know, dates mean nothing to babies.  

The actual ultrasound experience had to be one of the coolest things ever.  Almost immediately when the doctor put that little wand thing on my stomach our little pumpkin popped up on the screen.  What an emotional moment that was!  We got to see the baby move all around and even lay on its back while kicking its little legs in the air!  I cried, Jonathan didn't - he said he was too shocked to cry!  It is a very surreal thing to see your baby for the first time!  And most importantly, the doctor said that everything was looking great.  We couldn't ask for anything more than that.            


We have another doctor's appointment tomorrow and will hopefully come away with another good report.  In the meantime, we are in full packing mode.  It is coming down to the wire, and I've always said that I work better under pressure.  We shall see if this actually turns out to be true or if it's just this procrastinator's favorite excuse.    

katielittle

2 comments:

  1. You look precious in your dress! While looking for a friend a maternity clothing gift a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon these few sites that I love. Maybe you'll find something you like, or some inspiration! I'm a sucker for internet shopping. :)
    1.) This collection promises clothing that can be worn before, during, and after, which I thought was neat. http://hatchcollection.com/shop/
    2.) Michael Stars: http://www.michaelstars.com/maternity_all.html
    3.) I loved these pants, thinking of getting them for her. http://www.6pm.com/maternal-america-maternity-skinny-cargo-pants-moss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a good weekend for an update! :)

    ReplyDelete