Friday, July 29, 2011

Southern. Comfort.

Two words that perfectly describe our wonderful Seaside vacation, as we relished in everything comforting to a true southern soul.  Or perhaps just this southern soul.  Food.  Really good food, and lots of it.  Family time.  Lounging, wherever it happened to take place.  Shopping.  Peaches from Peach Park.  Beautiful coastal architecture. The list goes on. 

And while we enjoyed everything this quaint coastal town had to offer besides the sun, we did manage to get in one good cloudy day at the beach.  Hey, a cloudy day at the beach beats a sunny day at work!  How kind it was of these homeowners to name their house after our wonderful Seaside vacation, as "Southern Comfort", ironically enough, was also the name of the house we stayed in.  Not too shabby if I must say.















                                                                                   














I think we were all hoping to persuade Doc that southern comfort can be just as much fun or dare I say more fun that northern discomfort, if you know what I mean.  Boots, gloves, "gear", three layers of clothing, below freezing temperatures, and a good possibility of injury isn't exactly what I would call "comfortable".  I'm not sure if we convinced him, but I know I heard the words "first annual" used at some point, so we all know what that means!  I have a full year to work off all the food I ate, so I can go back and do it again!

And thus, it's time to pay the piper.

Workout  - Ran 5 miles outside, 501 cal, 55:39

katielittle

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful time. If there had been lots of sun, Doc probably would not have enjoyed it nearly as much. The rain really added something special; we probably would not have gone to the outlet mall and had the enjoyment of buying "church shoes" for the boys, and for sure I would not have had a 'splashing good' bike ride had it not rained. I'll start working on the 2nd annual...

    ReplyDelete