Monday, July 1, 2013

Eight Months!

Dear Jack,

You were eight months old on Saturday!

I might be a bit biased, but I believe you are just the cutest thing I've ever seen.  You are so curious these days, and you have some of the funniest facial expressions.  Your Mac and Babs always said that whatever I was thinking came across in my facial expressions, and I think you are going to be the same way.  You are reaching for everything!  If it's within your reach, you want it, and it goes right in your mouth.  You are chewing on everything too, which leads us to believe that you are teething, although still no sign of a tooth.  

You are jabbering a lot!  The other day, when you were jumping in your Johnny-Jump-Up, I leaned down to pick you up, and you looked up at me, smiled and said, "Mama"!  Oh my goodness, my heart just melted!!!  I'm pretty sure you weren't addressing me as "Mama", although I'd kinda like to think that you were, and it was precious nonetheless :)  You've started to jabber something that sounds like "dadada", but not "Dada" yet.  We get a lot of "bababa" and "mmmmamama".  You are getting louder too!  You love to give high-pitched little squeals and shreaks, especially while jumping in the Jump-Up.

You are still nursing and eating solid foods about twice a day.  Your favorites are still the fruits, but you are starting to like some of the veggies too.  We gave you a steamed carrot the other day and tore it into tiny pieces, which you really liked.  I've tried a few homemade baby food recipes, like applesauce and blueberry banana yogurt, which were both a hit.  I have been trying to get you to pick up Puffs with your fingers, but you still haven't mastered that skill yet, nor do you like Puffs yet.  I imagine you will soon!  I have also tried to get you to drink out of a sippy cup and hold it yourself, but it ain't happenin'.  You just end up getting soaked.   You do love water!  We've found that out recently with all the hot temps!

You STILL have not slept through the night . . . Come on, Jack, Mommy is tired!!!  I hate even saying it, but you still wake up anywhere between one and three times during the night.  Needless to say, we are going through a lot of coffee these days!

You are sitting up very well and doing a little scooting too!  You can't get very far yet, but I can tell that crawling is right around the corner.  You can pull up on your knees and rock back and forth and also pull yourself just a little bit on your tummy.

You are still wearing size 3 diapers and 9 and 12 month size clothing.  You are close to 18 lbs. now if not 18 already.  Your little thighs are so chubby!  I just love it.  Last month I started using the cloth diapers that I had intended on using ever since you were born!  So far, so good!  Hopefully I can keep up with the extra laundry . . . next month's post will tell all :)

You still love playing peek-a-boo and being tickled.  You also still love it when someone jumps out and scares you or throws you into the air.  We recently took you over to Mac and Babs house to swim in the pool and you DID NOT like it.  At all.  The loud splashing was too much to handle and you lost it!  Pitiful crying and screaming ensued, and we all felt horrible.  Oh, well.  You'll love it one day, and I'm sure we'll have to bribe you to get you out of the pool!  You do love splashing in the sink though when you get a bath, so maybe you're warming up to the water a bit.

Happy 8th month to our little Jack Little!  We love you so!        









































No comments:

Post a Comment