Friday, March 8, 2013

I'm So Excited . . .

. . . and I just can't hide it!

Cheesy? Yes.  Did everyone just think of Jessie Spano? Hehe ;)

But, I am!  I am so excited about my most recent purchases for Jack!

I will begin by saying that I am not one of those people that clips coupons and scours around for the best deals before making a purchase ( I think I've said that before ).  Although I wish I was, and I admire those who have the patience and determination to do so.  I should aspire to be more like you.   

HOWEVER, I recently entered the exciting world of children's consignment sales and O. M. G.  I'm hooked.  Bonnie and I went to Kids Market last fall but waited until the last day, the 50% off day.  There were a few good things left but not many.  Last week I went to the Growing Kids consignment sale in Trussville and was able to shop early, because I'm a new mom.  Sweet!  I wasn't quite sure what to expect since I'm new to these things, but when I got there, there was a line waiting out the door just to get in!  I brought my clothes basket with a scarf tied to it (as recommended) just in case I found anything worth buying . . .

Fast forward about an hour and a half.

I'm still shopping.  My clothes basket is so full, I can no longer pull it with the dinky little scarf I have tied to the handle.  I'm having to carry it.  I've estimated that I probably have about $300 worth of consigned clothing in my basket, and Jonathan will kill me if I actually come home with it all.  I am elated that from what I can tell, the majority of the moms around me in the baby boys section do not believe that a smocked bubble or jon-jon belongs on a boy.  What???  Fine with me!  GIVE IT HERE!  At least that's the only thing I could conclude, because they were just passing them over right and left!

  I made out like a bandit.  Everything I found either had the tags still on it or was very gently worn.  I didn't spend over $15 on any one item, even the brand new smocked ones!  My cheapest item was a pair of precious little plaid overall shorts with a choo-choo on the front for $2!  Those shorts were $3 and the cute little outfit with the crab on it still had the tags on it, and it was $4!  You just can't beat that.  

I learned from a fellow mommy in line that all the good consignment sales happen between the last week in February and the first week in March, so you know where to find me this time next year!  I think next year I'm going to volunteer to work one, so I can shop even earlier!!  I think they've created a monster!!!   





              

No comments:

Post a Comment